Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hello My Dear Missionaries!!

Hello there:)
I hope your week has been fantastic and FULL of miracles!!! They have not ceased, that's for sure! So keep on believing!!! 

This week has been really good for me! It's gone a lot more smooth than last week. Finally got caught up on sleep, and I am finally on a more-regular eating schedule.. haha adjusting just takes time:) 

It's been really great this week to get back to a schedule, arrange my study time, and catch up with everyone.

I actually started driving my dear bug again! That took some getting used to! She's fun.
I got a job this week too! Lucky me that I got one so soon, Heavenly Father truly blessed me on this one. It's the greatest job ever. I'm working for my brothers company at Bear Paw Products and I am the office manager! So I get to do EVERYTHING in the books. Working on spreadsheet, running to grab all the guys food, cleaning the office, organizing papers, pretty much everything that the guys don't have time to do. It's fun:) This last week, I BOUGHT CARPET…. haha random odd jobs :) it's fun!

This week seems like it's been FOREVER. I've gotten a lot done. I reported to the high council this morning about my mission, and so now all the calls to speak in sacrament are on their way! I'm excited:) 

Went to the Jazz game this last Monday with my dearies from Kearney who came to visit me, and this week, 2 more of my dear friends- Miquelle and Corey, from Kearney are in town, so I get to see more mission friends!! It's the best keeping in contact with people:)

Went to the temple twice this week… Ahhhhh the Ogden Temple is seriously the most beautiful thing I've seen since I've been back. It's incredible, and THE PARKING LOT TO THE TEMPLE IS ALWAYS PACKED!!! It was like a culture shock witnessing that. I got so excited:) 

Had my first date this week… #weird! All I can say is, good thing it was a double! haha:) 

Went to the YSA for the first time this last week. Not the same as my dear Kearney YSA, but it was fun:) 

Even had some missionary experiences this week! Trying to get my less-active friends to come to institute and whatnot. No such success yet, but that doesn't mean I'll give up:) Sometimes all you can do in the moment is just be their friend, and make sure they know you care, and that they are always welcome.

I have to say, emailing from this side of the "missionary line" is a lot less exciting.. hah. It seems like my life isn't as exciting as yours:) But that's okay! There is a time and season for everything. And I am so blessed to have witnessed Heavenly Father place everything right out in front of me this last week. It has all fallen into place. He truly does have a plan for us! 

I read Elder Godoy's talk from this last conference this last week, "God has a plan" and it truly helped me with a lot. 
The people that you are working with right now have decisions that they are making every day. And decisions determine our destiny. We need to be the light to them so that they can witness for themselves that there is a such thing as "good, better, and best" Many people THINK they have the best out there, but they just need to recognize what they are missing. You are that light to them, share it with your smile! Have Christ's image engraved on your countenance. 

I also read this last 2015 CES devotional this week that talked all about how we need to do everything right, for the right reasons.   Especially as a return missionary, it's easy to just keep doing studies because we know that is what we're supposed to do, but you have to make sure you're asking the "WHY'S" of life… "WHY am I really doing this??" We have to do them for the right reasons-- Then the true blessings will come.

God is good, He answers prayers, and He DOES have a plan-- for every single one of you, and for every single one of those you are teaching Pray to Him and figure out what His plan for them is, then help them to see and recognize that plan too. 

HE LOVES YOU, and the best way to live our lives, is to follow His plan. Let the spirit guide your decisions and surrender yourself to him. Give all our desires up, and let Him take over. Things WILL fall into place!

I'm so proud of you!! And all the work you are doing. NO EFFORT IS EVER WASTED!!!!!! I promise, you will get news throughout the rest of your life about those you are working with, and the LITTLE experience you may have now, will create a BIG difference in the end. It's true.

And of that I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do for you-- if you need anything. If you would like a letter or package, or anything of that sort, and then consider it done! 
You mean a lot to those at your home, and throughout the world. There is NO greater work than what you are doing right now. Let me know of some of your favorite experiences, and of who I can pray for. 
We'll move this work forward together!!

Love you tons!! - Megan Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment